3.16.2007

Hedwig and the Angry Itch

An old sex partner, now simply a friend, lectured to me about my ignorance of the events of the news, because I wouldn't stay informed. This began because he would bring up recent events and question whether or not I'd heard about them, my typical answer being "no", which perplexed and irritated him immensly. He is a man who thrives on keeping up to date and knowing the facts, priding in his knowledge and finds joy in spouting off bit of information. Now this isn't to say that he gloats, he's just factually educated and likes always having a piece to start conversations. Opinioned and non-cliche is how I've come to view him. However, I believe he's lacking in a similar manner as I am. The way I don't keep up with current events, he doesn't stay in touch with life. I rarely hear of him doing things outside of work, and when he does it's typically in the form of movies. He seems to live in his media-fueled world, and though his knowledge makes him wise, he's missing the factor of pure experience. He and I are polar opposites, spreading beyond just this issue.
A musing while listening to Immortal Technique: Volumn 2.
Quite amusing, a pun, and laughter widens my face while a vengeful glee mills around my mind. I doubt I'll mention it to him, unless he once again rants on my un-newswatcher
conduct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home